Become part of a meaningful professional network.
As an ANZCN member, you will:
- be part of a meaningful professional network enabling you to interact with your colleagues personally and electronically and to learn from each other’s experiences
- have the right to use the post-nominal designation which relates to your membership status, namely
o FANZCN, if you are a Fellow; or
o MANZCN, if you are a Member
- receive leading edge information through the exclusive ‘members only’ section of the College website, enabling you to keep abreast of important emerging technologies, such as e-notarisation and e-apostilles;
- receive practice notes providing up-to-date information and advice in relation to current issues and trends in notarial practice
- have the opportunity to attend local and international conferences, seminars and workshops and undertake specialist notarial training, to help lift your skills and improve your knowledge
- a certificate of your membership status you will be proud to display
- a unique membership lapel badge
- Silver for Members;
- Gold for Fellows
- Bronze for Associates
- have access to the College emblem in various sizes and styles to use for marketing purposes on your letterhead, brochures and business cards
Who can be a member?
Any notary holding office in Australia or New Zealand is eligible to be a member of the College.
Categories of Membership
There are two membership categories:
- ordinary members (“Members“); and
- fellows (“Fellows“)
Please note, for the purpose of qualifying for admission to membership as a Fellow:
- “Recognised Academic Qualification” means the Graduate Diploma in Notarial Practice awarded by Victoria University, Melbourne (“Grad.Dip.NP”) or a qualification awarded by a tertiary institution in Australia or elsewhere which, in the Board’s reasonable opinion, is at least equivalent to the Grad.Dip.NP.
Only notaries who hold a Recognised Academic Qualification or who have held office as a notary in Australia or New Zealand for at least five years may become Fellows of the College.
(An ordinary Member automatically becomes a Fellow of the College after having held office as a notary for five years.) Please note, there is only 1 form for application as Member or Fellow of the College. Your status is determined when you apply.
Any notary holding office in any place outside Australia and New Zealand and who is not qualified to be a member may be admitted as an Associate of the College (Associate)
College membership fees are tax deductible.
New members are welcome at any time.
Annual Membership Fee (includes any applicable GST)
• Australian/New Zealand Membership AUD$275.00
• Associate Membership AUD$150.00
Processing your application:
Your application will be processed within fifteen (15) working days of receipt of your application form and payment.
Please allow up to a four (4) weeks for the delivery of your membership pack which includes your lapel pin and membership certificate.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Please note, membership fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.